Earlier this week, the president gave a speech in Denver that was brimming with his boilerplate populism and divisive class rhetoric. The president made the case that Mitt Romney’s work in private equity should disqualify him from the presidency. This from Obama, America’s leading expert on healthy economic growth. This from a President with a razor thin resume. Obama accused Romney of being out of touch with hard-working Americans. The president began his comments about Romney with:
“Well, those of us who’ve spent time in the real world,” he began, as the crowd laughed….
The punchlines just write themselves, don’t they?
#ObamasRealWorld has taken on a life of its own in social and other media. Here are some examples:
Obama’s Real World,
– Where you sign a “fair pay act” but pay your own women staffers less.
– Where you spend $470,000 of other people’s money on a vacation for your spouse
– Where “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan” means “Ha ha, fooled ya!”
– Where if you can’t afford your dream home, a friendly slumlord will be there to help (Rezko)
– Where the US has 57 states
– Where you sign a “fair pay act” but pay your own women staffers less
– Where you spend $1 billion because no one knows who you are and 4 years later you spend $1 billion because everyone knows who you
– Where obesity is a “national security issue” but giving guns ti Mexican drug lords is not.
– Where unemployment numbers are kept down by pretending the unemployed aren’t looking for work anymore.
– Where “evolving” means reaching the same position one held 16 years ago. (Obama, Teh Geyh President)
– Where at the end of your term it will still be all be the other guy’s fault
– Where you are awarded your opponents delegates even though your name wasn’t on the ballot
– Where you are selected as the nominee even when your opponent won more votes
– Where living in Indonesia as a 9 yr old gives you foreign policy experience
– Where you get a Nobel Peace Prize for what you might maybe do someday.
It’s your turn to add your own…