Why is it that all these supposedly brilliant people were so fricking STUPID about obama? THIS ARTICLE is excellent, but, really Nat? You are JUST BEGINNING to think that obama might be a phony?!?
“I try to avoid hyperbole, but I think Obama is possibly the most dangerous and destructive president we have ever had. An example is ObamaCare, which is now embattled in the Senate [this article was published 12/11/09]. If that goes through the way Obama wants, we will have something very much like the British system. If the American people have their health care paid for by the government, depending on their age and their condition, they will be subject to a health commission just like in England which will decide if their lives are worth living much longer.
I am beginning to think that this guy is a phony. Obama seems to have no firm principles that I can discern that he will adhere to. His only principle is his own aggrandizement. This is a very dangerous mindset for a president to have.”
No shit, Sherlock. We’ve been saying that for almost TWO FREAKING YEARS! (emphasis mine. h/t Boston Boomer)
For more on British Health Commission Panels, see HERE. Turns out that this jackass, Hentoff (who, by the way, is 100% correct about the “Death Panels” (Sarah Palin didn’t lie!!) and the torture, and the spying on American citizens) is also ardently pro-forced-pregnancy, which seems quite a large blind spot for someone whose embrace of civil liberties is so wide as to make him opposed to ALL hate crime legislation, but I’m sure he has a “reasoned and rational” defense based on “facts” to support his support of the oppression of women, but regardless of all that, here’s a proposal for those who want to force women to remain pregnant:
- Make abortion illegal in all cases except for the life of the mother or fetus.
- Require fathers of children conceived in cases where the mother WANTED an abortion to earn at least 400% of the U.S. poverty level and turn over 30% of that income to the mother for the raising of each unwanted child, whether the parents are married or not.
- The penalty for not paying $30,000 a year per child to the mother of your children (whether the parents are married or not) is a minimum of 5 years in jail. If a father cannot earn that much money he will be required to work 40 hours a week at a state-run work camp to pay back his (literal) debt to society, because the State will pay the $30,000 per year to the mother if the father truly cannot earn it. Deadbeat Dads who CAN afford to pay but don’t will go to jail FOR LIFE where they will work in work camps.
- Abandoned single mothers and widows who registered for a “Hardship Abortion Pass” and were denied by the State will receive payment of $30,000 per year, per unwanted child.
- State funded Adoption Centers with the highest standards of care will be open to ALL mothers of unwanted newborns to drop off at any time in the first six months of life. Children from these “orphanages” will have their medical care, health insurance, and college tuition paid for 100% by the state, for life, even if they are adopted.
I kind of like my idea. If the State can force women to be parents when they don’t want to be, why shouldn’t they also be able to force men to be fathers to their unwanted offspring?
I for one wouldn’t mind seeing Levi Johnson’s ass in jail.