If these aren’t enough reasons for making sure obama is a One-Term Wonder, I don’t know what WILL convince our liberal friends that obama never deserved their trust or love. Remember, even George W. Bush, at the nadir of his popularity, still retained the approval of 28% of voters.
- SPYING on Americans as much, if not more, than W did.
- MORE SECRETIVE than Dick Cheney about who is visiting the White House. Though it’s pretty easy to surmise that it was the executives of the big financial institutions (the ones who not only wrecked our economy but also donated more than $100 MILLION Dollars to obama’s election selection campaign) who came calling last week to tell obama how to write the regulations which will soon be, ahem, “regulating” these dudes.
- RATIONING HEALTH CARE, TAXING HEALTH BENEFITS and keeping a PUBLIC OPTION OFF THE TABLE because the health insurance industry (which donated $17 MILLION Dollars to his election selection campaign AND $11 MILLION Dollars to the Senators on the Committee tasked with reforming health care) told him a public option would be unfair competition to their for-profit business model of getting rich by letting people die.
- (And before any Republican ideologues start raising the specter of Harry and Louise, remember this: we already HAVE rationed health care for crying out loud. How the hell do you think the private insurers protect and increase profits? They do it by RATIONING health care to people like Robin Beaton and Max. When I have to wait SIX WEEKS to see an orthopedist AND my doctor won’t order a cat scan of my shoulder because of “cost controlling” that means my health care is BEING RATIONED. But not in order to spread the care equitably among the 300 million of us Americans who need to share; the ONLY reason for the rationing of health care that we ALREADY HAVE is to make very rich corporations, and their very rich major shareholders EVEN RICHER.)
- MORE HOMOPHOBIC than Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, and George W. Bush combined. His pathetic attempt to hoodwink the gay and lesbian community with a meaningless crumb, tossed out at the last minute to prevent a FUNDRAISER from falling apart makes his already obvious penchant for pandering look that much more venal.
UPDATE: WOW. Was just searching the intertubes for the LGBT Leadership Council contacts and came across THIS blog post from August 9, 2007. That’s TWO FULL Years ago. Holy Smokes. This Obama Movement was being planned for a VERY long time. The blogger, Bil Browning, was excited because the Obama Campaign announced the formation of an “LGBT Leadership Council.” He was pretty happy, noting that the Campaign had even put up an “Obama Pride” page on its website. Sorry Bil, that Obama Pride page (see? It’s ALWAYS about obama. Always.) was just a cynical ploy to get you to give him money. You almost figured it out, even way back then. In your post, you noted that, “Unfortunately, the press release we were sent can’t be found anywhere on the site.” Huh. I wonder WHY that might have been Bil.
* * * * TODAY’S PROWL * * * *
Contact the hosts of next week’s 10th Annual LGBT Leadership Council Dinner and ask them HOW DARE THEY ask the LGBT community to CONTRIBUTE MORE MONEY to a Party and an Administration which has treated them with utter contempt from the beginning??
Tom Petrillo, Chair
LGBT Leadership Council
tel. or (202) 488-5015
Rep. Barney Frank:
tel: (202) 225-5931
fax: (202) 225-0182
Rep. Tammy Baldwin:
tel. (202) 225-2906
fax. (202) 225-6942
Rep. Jared Polis:
Copy and paste these emails into the BCC line of your letter:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Cavuto@foxnews.com, LouDobbs@cnn.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Hannity@foxnews.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Email and Fax a letter like this:
Dear Mr. Petrillo,
How dare the DNC and the Obama Administration ask the LGBT Community for donations?
I am a member of Puma PAC (www.pumapac.org) and a proud supporter of full equal rights for EVERY AMERICAN citizen regardless of gender or sexual orientation. We were concerned about Donnie McClurkin and Pastor Warren, angry about the administration’s silence on Prop Hate, frustrated by the inaction on DADT, and now we are rightfully OUTRAGED by Obama’s despicable defense of DOMA, in which he linked same sex marriage to INCEST and CHILD ABUSE. Yesterday’s meaningless attempt at damage control in the form of a toothless, meaningless presidential memo on relocation benefits (which will be TAXABLE, of course) exposes the true cynicism at the heart of Obama’s “fierce advocacy” for the LGBT community.
I will not only NOT CONTRIBUTE ONE PENNY to the DNC until this administration stops treating our community with contempt, I am asking everyone I know to join me in BOYCOTTING YOUR FUNDRAISER and calling attention to the HYPOCRISY of the current Democratic Party Leaders.
Puma PAC Member (www.pumapac.org)
** Please share this PROWL with all your contacts and friends by clicking on the Share This button below. **