Today is our first major PROWL based on the outstanding research and accounting work of a dedicated team of Puma PAC volunteers. Please send a letter to the FEC to review the studies sent in by the Puma PAC FEC Team and their request to AUDIT THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN FUNDS! McCain will be audited because he accepted public funds. Obama will not because he broke his word and backed out. They can still audit Obama “for cause”. The team identified 893 over-limit (of $4,600) donors amounting to $1.3 million in illegal funds. And his numbers do not add up. A dozen complaints were sent in to the FEC and have been consolidated as (Matter Under Review) MUR 6142. This is just the tip of the tip of the iceberg and we MUST have an audit. I ask that you send the following letter or one of your own making to the list of emails provided below and to make it viral. We must have accountability in our election process or the powerful will do what they want.
(This PROWL was developed by headclunker, with the invaluable help of the FECK Obama Team: Trish, MKfromLA, pumabear, wontbackdown, and actioncenter)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMAIL: SIGN YOUR NAME – by typing first letter, last name, and the city/state you are writing from above Puma PAC democrat, www.pumapac.org
To: The Federal Election Commission
Re: Audit for the Obama Campaign Funds
December 15, 2008
America needs to know! Financial responsibility is critical to the integrity of the election process. We need the FEC to protect that integrity with an audit the Obama Campaign. Barack Obama’s windfall $741 million in campaign funds allowed him to outspend his public funded opponent 2:1 and had a profound effect on the outcome of the presidential election.
Donors are reported for only $485 million, just 65% of the total. Are the other $255 million, unaccounted for in federally mandated reporting, from legal sources? Where did the remaining 35% come from and whose interest do those funds represent? Studies submitted to the FEC (MUR 6142) show at least 893 over-limit donations in Obama’s Pre-General Report totaling $1.3 million in illicit campaign funds. The Post-General Report appears to contain even more. This is an indication of some serious problems. There are about 2.5 million reported transactions; however a single reported donor may have several hundred transactions. The sheer volume of transactions obscures clarity for the 65% of the funds that have donors reported.
Diligent amateur auditors found these anomalies during simple studies; Americans deserve the confidence that only an impartial, professional oversight agency can provide. Shall the highest office of our government go to the highest bidder?
Please protect the integrity of the election process and hold the Obama Campaign to audit standards of financial responsibility.
Your Name City,
* * * * * * * FAX AND CALL! * * * * * * *
PRINT OUT AND FAX:
FEC Office of Inspector General FAX: 202-501-8134
Whitehouse FAX: 202-456-2461 CALL FEC
Phone: 800-424-9530 (Complaints – General Counsel option 0, extension 1650)
Or FEC Office of General Counsel Direct Phone: 202-694-1650
Ask them if the Obama Campaign is going to be Audited!
* * * * * * * INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMAILING * * * * * *
Cut and paste these emails into the send to box of your email and you will need to do this many times in small parts because of the number of contacts to be emailed. Cut and paste the emails into the blind copy line of an email (bcc).
EMAILS for the Federal Election Commission (FEC):
THESE ARE COMMISSIONERS AND OTHERS OF THE FEC:
http://www.fec.gov/about/offices/offices.shtml email@example.com, DMcGahn@nrcc.org, CommissionerBauerly@fec.gov, CommissionerPetersen@fec.gov, CommissionerWalther@fec.gov, CommissionerHunter@fec.gov, CommissionerWeintraub@fec.gov, TDuncan@fec.gov, JStoitz@fec.gov, LMcFarland@fec.gov, BDuffy@fec.gov, JHatfield@fec.gov, JGibson@fec.gov, AForster@fec.gov, APalmer@fec.gov, CHughey@fec.gov, Aterzaken@fec.gov, LCalvert@fec.gov, DKolker@fec.gov, RSmith@fec.gov,GBaker@fec.gov, JJordan@fec.gov, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAILS for Media (Quicklist):
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Cavuto@foxnews.com, LouDobbs@cnn.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Hannity@foxnews.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com